I have never had a parent ask me any of the questions listed below, except, perhaps, the one about ‘happiness’ in a number of guises. I wish someone would.
How would your child’s teachers fare if asked these questions:
1. What is your educational philosophy?
2. How are you assisting our child to become a self-directed learner?
3. What professional reading are you undertaking at the moment?
4. What are you reading for fun?
5. How do you use technology as a tool to leverage learning in the classroom?
6. What online resources have you created for your class?
7. How do you assist students to learn about digital citizenship?
8. What professional networks and associations are you involved with regularly?
9. What observations can you offer about our child’s happiness at school?
10. What reflections can you make about our child’s growth as a learner and citizen this year?
What questions would you like to be asked or ask?