This PBS FRONTLINE documentary screened earlier in the year may be of interest. I found it pretty sensational but the chapter on high schools coping with the ‘revolution in classrooms’ and how many teachers were struggling to cater to this generation is worth watching. The anti-plagiarism site Turnitin must be doing a raging business in the USA. I loved it where the students commented about the ‘fakes’ who have 2000 Facebook friends as noone really has that many friends, 200 is max. This made me feel better about my ‘mere’ 26 Facebook friends and acquaintances.
explores learning, leadership, education, schooling, teaching, digital technologies, books, poetry, literature, music, photography & the impact of social media. Your commentary, collaboration and participation is encouraged & highly valued!
My Flickr Photos
- Andrew FitzSimons: And Mr Moore received the annual Principal's Award for 'serv… on Nurturing Wellbeing: Sixth Annual Resilience and Optimism Conference
- Felicity: I always read, everything I could get my hands on. I recall… on Reading for pleasure?
- Darcy Moore: Thanks Sue, Carla, Momo, Bianca, Carly and Cassandra. I appr… on Reading for pleasure?
- Cassandra Pride: Hi Darcy Have you read 'You Gotta BE the Book"? It's an insp… on Reading for pleasure?
- Carly Biddolph: I don't really remember what started my love of books. Mum t… on Reading for pleasure?
- ALARM (A Learning and Response Matrix) #1 (32)
- Reading… (29)
- Teachers and Social Media (27)
- 10 things a 'DET teacher' can do in preparation for 1:1 (laptops) in classrooms (26)
- The first people I followed on twitter… (26)
- 10 IDEAS: blogED Prezi (23)
- Pen & Paper Exams (23)
- Education and Democracy (22)
- The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) (21)
- ISER Conference Presentation – Web 2.0 & PLNs (21)
- The Best School Websites (21)
- PLNs and PLEs (20)
- 10 questions for your child’s teacher (20)
- The end of the ‘Digital Education Revolution’? (20)
- BYOD (in a post-DER world) (19)
- 10 things 'a faculty' can do in preparation for 1:1 (laptops) in classrooms (18)
- Cool Online Tools (18)
- Twitter Literati for English Teachers (18)
- Digital Education Revolution: School Development Day – Teacher Professional Learning (17)
- Intellectual Ancestries and Philosophies of Education (17)