This PBS FRONTLINE documentary screened earlier in the year may be of interest. I found it pretty sensational but the chapter on high schools coping with the ‘revolution in classrooms’ and how many teachers were struggling to cater to this generation is worth watching. The anti-plagiarism site Turnitin must be doing a raging business in the USA. I loved it where the students commented about the ‘fakes’ who have 2000 Facebook friends as noone really has that many friends, 200 is max. This made me feel better about my ‘mere’ 26 Facebook friends and acquaintances.
explores learning, leadership, education, schooling, teaching, digital technologies, edutech, books, literature, travel, genealogy, music, photography, citizen science and the impact of social media. Your commentary, collaboration and participation is encouraged and highly valued!
My Flickr Photos
- Bianca: I should really read your blog more, and my Facebook feed le… on A big task!
- Paul: I may well need to return to this but a few ideas occur to m… on A big task!
- Andrew FitzSimons: I broadly endorse the thrust of this discussion. But we some… on A big task!
- Victoria: Hi Darcy, I love the idea of digital folios from kindergarte… on A big task!
- Darcy Moore: Dec-Jan 2015.… on Travelling in Japan: Hokkaido
- ALARM (A Learning and Response Matrix) #1 (43)
- Reading… (29)
- Teachers and Social Media (27)
- 10 things a 'DET teacher' can do in preparation for 1:1 (laptops) in classrooms (26)
- The first people I followed on twitter… (26)
- Education and Democracy (25)
- 10 IDEAS: blogED Prezi (23)
- Pen & Paper Exams (23)
- 10 questions for your child’s teacher (22)
- The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) (21)
- ISER Conference Presentation – Web 2.0 & PLNs (21)
- The Best School Websites (21)
- The end of the ‘Digital Education Revolution’? (21)
- PLNs and PLEs (20)
- Social Reading: Fad or Future? (20)
- BYOD (in a post-DER world) (19)
- 10 things 'a faculty' can do in preparation for 1:1 (laptops) in classrooms (18)
- Cool Online Tools (18)
- Twitter Literati for English Teachers (18)
- Digital Education Revolution: School Development Day – Teacher Professional Learning (17)
The views expressed at this site are my own and do not necessarily represent those of my employer.