This PBS FRONTLINE documentary screened earlier in the year may be of interest. I found it pretty sensational but the chapter on high schools coping with the ‘revolution in classrooms’ and how many teachers were struggling to cater to this generation is worth watching. The anti-plagiarism site Turnitin must be doing a raging business in the USA. I loved it where the students commented about the ‘fakes’ who have 2000 Facebook friends as noone really has that many friends, 200 is max. This made me feel better about my ‘mere’ 26 Facebook friends and acquaintances.
explores learning, leadership, education, schooling, teaching, digital technologies, books, poetry, literature, music, photography & the impact of social media. Your commentary, collaboration and participation is encouraged & highly valued!
My Flickr Photos
- Margot Lindgren: I have two ideas for your trip to NYC. For your girls you sh… on September-October 2015: My Reading
- Yolanda: Hi Darcy, I buy my books cheap from Basment Books next to Ce… on Where do you get your books?
- Darcy Moore: Thanks for taking the time to comment folks! @Wayne I think… on Where do you get your books?
- David Norris: Why wouldn't you buy second-hand books? Go to any charity st… on Where do you get your books?
- Deirdre: I buy ebooks for my Kindle, used mainly when off travelling… on Where do you get your books?
- ALARM (A Learning and Response Matrix) #1 (40)
- Reading… (29)
- Teachers and Social Media (27)
- 10 things a 'DET teacher' can do in preparation for 1:1 (laptops) in classrooms (26)
- The first people I followed on twitter… (26)
- Education and Democracy (24)
- 10 IDEAS: blogED Prezi (23)
- Pen & Paper Exams (23)
- 10 questions for your child’s teacher (22)
- The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) (21)
- ISER Conference Presentation – Web 2.0 & PLNs (21)
- The Best School Websites (21)
- The end of the ‘Digital Education Revolution’? (21)
- PLNs and PLEs (20)
- BYOD (in a post-DER world) (19)
- 10 things 'a faculty' can do in preparation for 1:1 (laptops) in classrooms (18)
- Cool Online Tools (18)
- Twitter Literati for English Teachers (18)
- Social Reading: Fad or Future? (18)
- Digital Education Revolution: School Development Day – Teacher Professional Learning (17)