The characteristic symptoms are walking or exhibiting other activities while seemingly still asleep.
Some people mistakenly believe that a sleepwalker should not be awakened. It is not dangerous to awaken a sleepwalker, although it is common for the person to be confused or disoriented for a short time when they wake up.
Somnambulism is a terrible affliction. Some symptoms include:
- Having blank look on face
- Opening eyes during sleep
- Performing detailed activity of any type during sleep
- Talking in sleep and saying things that do not make sense
- Usually, people do not need further examinations and testing.
- The signs are there for all to see.
We need to refocus on the obligations and rewards of living in a democracy. Democracies require well-educated, informed citizens. Collectively, as a nation, we need to rethink our attitudes towards funding education and learning.
All of us need to awake from our slumber!
Please be aware that the National Day of Action in support of greater funding for public schools is Tuesday November 15th.
SLIDER IMAGE: cc licensed ( BY ) flickr photo by Bracketing Life: http://flickr.com/photos/bracketing_life/3594926049/