I do not propose to comment on my employer’s policies or my union’s response.
Educators must focus on what is truly important for our communities. Quite simply, our priorities should be:
1. reforming the HSC and re-designing how students demonstrate their learning, understandings and skills
2. professionally developing educators to support students to ‘learn how to learn’
3. authentically educating students about their democracy and civil society
4. re-designing learning spaces and structures, including the virtual and online, to better reflect contemporary needs and technological advances
5. encouraging genuine independence, innovation and risk-taking for schools including the freedom to design local, or access international, curriculum