Maralyn Parker has written about the Board of Studies this week and suggested cracks are beginning to show. The examination system relies on truckloads of papers being driven all over the state, then picked-up to driven all over the state for marking. How long before we consider the format of these exams and how it may be done better in the 21st century? Surely, as laptops flood into the systems, there’s going to be a move towards electronic examinations and submission regardless of the challenges of developing such a system. Notes from the Marking Centres suggest that handwriting is in decline too as students rely more on electronic tools. Anyone care to predict how long before such a change is embedded?
explores learning, leadership, education, schooling, teaching, digital technologies, edutech, books, literature, travel, genealogy, music, photography, citizen science and the impact of social media. Your commentary, collaboration and participation is encouraged and highly valued!
- Liz: Thanks for this review - very interesting (I have been laugh… on #TheirBrilliantCareers #review and my #reading in September
- Katy Lumkin: It is never a one size fit all. Hattie provides one perspect… on ‘The Cult of Hattie’: ‘wilful blindness’?
- Trystan: Spot on Darcy… on #UtopiaforRealists #review and my #reading in May
- Duane E Swacker: Well put, Darcy. Thanks for pointing me to this article! Jus… on The KFC Fix
- Duane E Swacker: Sorry, Wayne, I don't think I'd qualify, being a Gringo and… on ‘The Cult of Hattie’: ‘wilful blindness’?
My Flickr Photos
- ALARM (A Learning and Response Matrix) #1 (46)
- Reading… (29)
- Teachers and Social Media (27)
- 10 things a 'DET teacher' can do in preparation for 1:1 (laptops) in classrooms (26)
- The first people I followed on twitter… (26)
- ‘The Cult of Hattie’: ‘wilful blindness’? (26)
- Education and Democracy (25)
- Social Reading: Fad or Future? (24)
- 10 IDEAS: blogED Prezi (23)
- Pen & Paper Exams (23)
- 10 questions for your child’s teacher (22)
- The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) (21)
- ISER Conference Presentation – Web 2.0 & PLNs (21)
- The Best School Websites (21)
- The end of the ‘Digital Education Revolution’? (21)
- PLNs and PLEs (20)
- BYOD (in a post-DER world) (19)
- 10 things 'a faculty' can do in preparation for 1:1 (laptops) in classrooms (18)
- Cool Online Tools (18)
- Twitter Literati for English Teachers (18)
The views expressed at this site are my own and do not necessarily represent those of my employer.