Maralyn Parker has written about the Board of Studies this week and suggested cracks are beginning to show. The examination system relies on truckloads of papers being driven all over the state, then picked-up to driven all over the state for marking. How long before we consider the format of these exams and how it may be done better in the 21st century? Surely, as laptops flood into the systems, there’s going to be a move towards electronic examinations and submission regardless of the challenges of developing such a system. Notes from the Marking Centres suggest that handwriting is in decline too as students rely more on electronic tools. Anyone care to predict how long before such a change is embedded?
explores learning, leadership, education, schooling, teaching, digital technologies, edutech, books, literature, travel, genealogy, music, photography, citizen science and the impact of social media. George Orwell is often featured. Your commentary, collaboration and participation is encouraged and highly valued!
- Andrew FitzSimons: Great to read this thought provoking piece. Our school is in… on Twitter, Mobile Phones and Mark Pesce
- Meghan Cockburn: could you please send me the code to the edmodo group.… on ALARM (A Learning and Response Matrix) #1
- Deb: thanks Darcy, just ordered a copy Deb… on #Review #FlipTheSystemOz
- Unkle Cyril: Thanks Darcy.… on #Review #FlipTheSystemOz
- George Lilley: I think the reason Hattie's reputation has diminished in NZ… on ‘The Cult of Hattie’: ‘wilful blindness’?
My Flickr Photos
- ‘The Cult of Hattie’: ‘wilful blindness’? (56)
- ALARM (A Learning and Response Matrix) #1 (49)
- Reading… (29)
- Teachers and Social Media (28)
- 10 things a 'DET teacher' can do in preparation for 1:1 (laptops) in classrooms (27)
- The first people I followed on twitter… (27)
- Education and Democracy (25)
- Social Reading: Fad or Future? (25)
- Pen & Paper Exams (24)
- 10 IDEAS: blogED Prezi (23)
- 10 questions for your child’s teacher (22)
- The end of the ‘Digital Education Revolution’? (22)
- The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) (21)
- ISER Conference Presentation – Web 2.0 & PLNs (21)
- PLNs and PLEs (21)
- The Best School Websites (21)
- BYOD (in a post-DER world) (20)
- Twitter Literati for English Teachers (19)
- 10 things 'a faculty' can do in preparation for 1:1 (laptops) in classrooms (18)
- Cool Online Tools (18)
The views expressed at this site are my own and do not necessarily represent those of my employer.