Maralyn Parker has written about the Board of Studies this week and suggested cracks are beginning to show. The examination system relies on truckloads of papers being driven all over the state, then picked-up to driven all over the state for marking. How long before we consider the format of these exams and how it may be done better in the 21st century? Surely, as laptops flood into the systems, there’s going to be a move towards electronic examinations and submission regardless of the challenges of developing such a system. Notes from the Marking Centres suggest that handwriting is in decline too as students rely more on electronic tools. Anyone care to predict how long before such a change is embedded?
It is fascinating that Edith and Ruth lived next door to each other in the XIV arrondissement and both exhibited at the Societé Nationale des Beaux-Arts in 1926 (and again in 1928). @Orwell_Society @djtaylorwriter @nbissell @TheLong1930s @orwellguy @Writerer #Paris #Orwell pic.twitter.com/F2Lv…
First read #Catch22 in Year 7 after walking into English and asking the teacher about the novels piled up on her desk. She literally threw me a copy and I struggled with it for about a month. I have read it about five times since then and cannot wait: youtube.com/watch?v=…
- George Lilley: I think the reason Hattie's reputation has diminished in NZ… on ‘The Cult of Hattie’: ‘wilful blindness’?
- Michael Barry: Interesting that Hattie was considered too close to the NZ g… on ‘The Cult of Hattie’: ‘wilful blindness’?
- Michael Barry: "content knowledge, empathy and engaging explanation skills"… on ‘The Cult of Hattie’: ‘wilful blindness’?
- Michael Barry: You're right, these Australia-wide interventions have been (… on ‘The Cult of Hattie’: ‘wilful blindness’?
- Michael Barry: This identifies one of the problems with Hattie's Visible Le… on ‘The Cult of Hattie’: ‘wilful blindness’?
My Flickr Photos
- ‘The Cult of Hattie’: ‘wilful blindness’? (54)
- ALARM (A Learning and Response Matrix) #1 (48)
- Reading… (29)
- Teachers and Social Media (27)
- 10 things a 'DET teacher' can do in preparation for 1:1 (laptops) in classrooms (26)
- The first people I followed on twitter… (26)
- Education and Democracy (25)
- Social Reading: Fad or Future? (25)
- 10 IDEAS: blogED Prezi (23)
- Pen & Paper Exams (23)
- 10 questions for your child’s teacher (22)
- The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) (21)
- ISER Conference Presentation – Web 2.0 & PLNs (21)
- The Best School Websites (21)
- The end of the ‘Digital Education Revolution’? (21)
- PLNs and PLEs (20)
- BYOD (in a post-DER world) (19)
- 10 things 'a faculty' can do in preparation for 1:1 (laptops) in classrooms (18)
- Cool Online Tools (18)
- Twitter Literati for English Teachers (18)